lunes, 12 de septiembre de 2011

Defeat


Be defeated is very relative. Maybe most of us relate it at sports, fights, or everything that involves someone to defeat you, that competitive idea of loosing against someone in a situation. The thing is most times is not only someone but something or even yourself the cause of the defeat.

For me I have been defeated a lot of times, at first all I could think was sports. I play tennis since I am 4 years old and I began playing tennis tournaments when I was 10 and at first I did bad but with the support of my family I could learn of my mistakes and keep up. Now I don’t longer play tennis and it never was because of loosing sets and games, or even loosing championships, for me tennis was more than that until I defeat myself. It could be said I was at a good level at tennis but my type of playing was not the best because of the way I holed the racket which is not an impediment. I reached the 9th place in Guatemala playing my way and maybe I could have had future. I was playing well and in order to play better and improve I tried to change my way of playing which is a great idea. I tried to play 2 months with my new style, I wasn’t playing as I wish so I retired from training; so instead of using this opportunity to improve, I defeated myself by giving up something I loved just because the results were not the wished.
These examples divide who you could be, and who you limit yourself to be.
Rafael Nadal used to play tennis with the right, he made a radical change to become left hand just because he thought it would be more difficult for the opponents to play against him. He trained as hard as he could and now he is the second best played of the world for the last 7 years and has been the first one 2 years. At difference of me, he put effort in is project and used the opportunity to improve his skills.
I considered myself defeated in some areas but even that declaration I am happy because I am making something to get up and learn from this. 

My family has a lot of troubles and there are many things that need to be changed in order to work better. I always thought it never depended on me how my parents get along if I am only their son so I took of that responsibility of my back. Now I realize that the problems between them affect the whole family and I am part of it so I have as much responsibility as they have. I started by talking to them but it didn’t worked so this Saturday 10th I bought them a book. This book is a best seller and the author is recognized around the world as one of the best. The name of the book is "7 Habits for a Highly Effective        Family" and is wrote by the Dr. Stephen Covey. I bought these because for them to know the interest I have for the family to improve and make them think that we get all damaged because of their actions. 
The point is I wont permit my family to keep like these, I wont permit my family defeat me.

The biggest responsible of defeat is fear and is obviously created by us. We decide if let the fear, the suffer, the sadness, the anger, or any emotion defeat ourselves. 
Even though this could happen in sports, we defeat at each other every day by not believing in ourselves, by not trying new things, by repeating routines, by getting scared of failing, etc. The thing is human been is able of making anything he or she proposes. Every human has the ability of choosing their destiny. Some don’t have the education and they limit their selves to a standard, some don’t have funds, some don’t have the imagination, but the worst are the one like me: the ones who have all of the above and always dream big but never do what they could and wish just because of the fear of failing, of not getting what they wished, of realizing they couldn’t make it. The people who dream big and work hard would succeed! if you don’t have one of this 2 then you better start creating it. Every kid grow up dreaming big, dreaming being an astronaut, dreaming being a race-car-driver, etc., but we live in a community that conforms with the standard and lives in the thinking that everything is a risk. Everything you make has a risk, the biggest the risk, the biggest the reward and there is where we should think. 

I considered myself defeated in some areas but even that declaration I am happy because I am making something to get up and learn from this. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario